To give you just a small taste of the vast array of things to do in Rotorua, read the following tourist information:
Please remember we are more than happy to book your tourist activities for you during your stay! (no booking fee)
- Swim, Fish, water ski or walk around one of our 16 Lakes
- Walk or mountain bike through The Redwoods
- Visit the Geothermal Activity around the city
- Take a walk to the Government Gardens
- Skyline Skyrides
- The Luge
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Kaituna Cascades Raft & kayaking
- Paradise Valley Springs
- Volcanic air safaris
Agroventures is the home of unique New Zealand adventure activities. Located within the grounds of the world famous Agrodome, 10kms North of Rotorua city, this is an all weather adventure centre.
What makes us unique? Agroventures has the world’s only Shweeb, Rotorua Bungy – a New Zealand icon, the fastest jet sprint experience in the country – Agrojet, swing from 40m towards the earth at 130kmph, NZ’s one and only – Swoop and the Southern Hemispheres’ only Freefall Xtreme, wind tunnel.
For more information, visit agroventures.co.nz.
- Sheep Shows
- Farm tours
Rotorua offers a wide range of Spas, soak up some of the best natural mineral hot spas avaliable or treat yourself to a mud massage or mineral facial.
- The Polynesian Spa (just a 5 minute walk from Astray Motel and Backpackers)
- Waikite Valley Spa
- QE Spa
- Hells Gate
Historical and Cultural
Rotorua provides the visitor with a wealth of cultural and historical activities and attractions. The ‘geothermal wonderland’ environment of Rotorua’s landscape allows you to feel the spirit of both historical and modern times.
- Tamaki Maori Village (a short 5 minute walk from Astray Motel and Backpackers)
- Te Puia Maori cultural Centre
- Buried Village
- Wai O Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Mitai Maori Village